For an authentic taste of Mexican food you need look no further than the humble quesadilla. This delicious black bean quesadilla recipe is incredibly quick to make and at a push can be made out of purely store cupboard ingredients.
Bean Paste Ingredients
- 1 tin of black beans
- 1 teaspoon of roasted/ground cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander seeds
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1 handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 finely sliced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red chillie
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- Juice form 1/2 lime
- Corn tortillas
- Sour cream for garnish
- Grated cheddar cheese
1. Place all of the ingredients for the past into a food mixer and blend to a rough paste.
2. Roughly chop the salsa ingredients and mix in a bowl
3. Add 2 spoonfuls of the paste and a handful of cheddar to the centre of a tortilla then spread evenly to within 3cm of the edges.
4. Fold the tortilla in half, press down and cook on a hot griddle pan (no oil needed) until slightly charred. Turn over and cook the other side.
5. Serve with the salsa either on the side or placed inside each tortilla.
For an extra touch serve with a bowl of our famous habanero salsa on the side for that authentic Mexican flavour.